Following the acquisition of a 51% stake by the Giochi Preziosi Group in 2011, King Jouet is the perfect example of a partnership between a large “global” group and an established “local retailer”. The chain was founded in 1875 and is today run by Philippe Gueydon, who represents the fourth generation of his family to run the company.
- France, Switzerland, Belgium
- 248 stores, including 152 directly-operated stores
- 887 employees
- € 216 Million turnover in 2017
- 6.1 Million customers: the equivalent of the population of Saint Petersburg
- 129,000 m2 overall retail space: the equivalent of thirteen football pitches
- 8,4% share of the French market: 1 of every 10 toys sold in France is sold in a King Jouet store (1)
(1) Source: NPD
King Jouet is the third largest distributor in the French market. Its large stores feature an innovative format and offer the most extensive assortment of toys, including exclusive brands and special offers carefully planned to satisfy customers all year round.
The wide range of products is also available from the online store, which offers customers the opportunity to use a “click-and-collect” service and create a wish list.
Shop online: www.king-jouet.com